Being a B.A.R.K. volunteer is a great way to develop leadership skills, establish connections across the campus, and learn about applied research. B.A.R.K. relies uniquely on volunteers and the selection of student volunteers is taken seriously.
Some of the volunteer positions include:
- Front counter check-in
- General support throughout sessions (e.g., getting dogs water, setting up stations)
- Janitorial work after sessions
- In-office clerical work (e.g. organizing files, entering data into SPSS)
- Media-related work (e.g. photography, videography/youtube channel, putting up posters)
Due to the popularity of B.A.R.K. at UBC Okanagan, we typically have a waiting list of students wanting to be involved in research or program activities. This makes it quite competitive to become a volunteer and once accepted, volunteers typically remain in the program throughout their studies.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Go to a B.A.R.K. session and familiarize yourself with the program
- Step 2: Introduce yourself to John-Tyler Binfet, Freya Green, and other B.A.R.K. volunteers
- Step 3: Submit an application form
Only accepted applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
Current Volunteer Reference Request
We are happy to provide our volunteers with a written reference letter. We ask that you submit the request form at least three weeks prior to your reference letter deadline.
If you have a short deadline, please complete the form and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.